Sunday, 12 April 2009

Ever vast and ever free, this is how she came to be.




I am sorry that I took such a long break from blogging (again). I've missed it so much and now I am so glad that I have some time to catch up. I have news. Many, many news. So many, in fact, that I'm afraid I will forget something. Sprinkled in between the news are recent outfits that I never got round to posting.

Very warm Easter wishes to everyone, I hope you all have a great time.



I have taken lots of exams recently, and so far I think I did okay. I was really happy to find out that I got an A* for the first Science module, it was such a relief because I felt that I didn't do well at all when I sat the exam! I also sat a 10 hour art exam and just about finished my final piece, which is how I wanted it to be but I wish I could have just an extra half an hour to add some more finishing touches. It looks better in person than in the photos, you cannot see the way the cover shimmers because it is coated in so much glittery nail varnish (I think I used up my whole bottle!).

After I empty-headedly left my flute somewhere at school, it got stolen, so it was very difficult to prepare for my Grade 4 exam. Needless to say, it didn't go very well as I had a borrowed flute but I hope that I at least scraped a pass. Time will tell!



Cardigan, Tu
T-shirt, Punkyfish
Skirt, thirfted vintage
Pearls, vintage
Heart necklace, gift from Israel

As you have probably guessed from the above, I had absolutely no time for blogging. It is good that I have some now. It's early to celebrate, though, as the bulk of exams is fast approaching.



Cardigan, Cath Kidston
Jumpsuit, Primark
Rabbit T-shirt (underneath), Topshop

At last, some fashion-related news - I bought a wonderful little black dress for a black-and-white themed party, and it turned out to be a fantastic investment. It was the day of the party and I was running out of time when I went into H&M after trying out about a dozen different black dresses in various shops. The dress itself seemed ordinary, but when I wore it it fitted like a glove, and I figured it could be dressed in so many different ways. I originally wanted to return it because I was only going t wear it for 4 hours and £25 is quite expensive for me. Having thought about it, I decided to keep it and it proved very useful because it is such an effortless solution if I don't have anything fancy enough to wear. This is what I looked like the day of the party:




During the previous half-term my family went for a regular visit at Bicester village, one of the loveliest places I have ever shopped in. The houses always look so neat and homely, you just want to live there! The shops are all designer outlets which means that they sell stock from one or two seasons ago, all for a lot less (but still not always accessible to me!). There is even a Luella, but unfortunately they never seem to have pretty dresses. We usually buy odd little things, but that time was lucky and my mum bought me the most beautiful dress ever! The blue and white stripes reminds me a lot of Alice, or maybe Wendy Darling. It has detachable straps which is a big plus! We also popped into Cath Kidston and saw a lovely cardigan which we bought too; as you can see it goes absolutely perfectly with the dress. Needless to say I felt amazingly lucky.

I seem to have been showered with the most wonderful gifts of late. My mum has been spoiling me with lots of lovely things. Ribbed tights, the cosiest vintage argyle sweater, pearls, books and today this clutch bag. Sometimes I think I don't deserve it all. Oh, and she had bought me another dress, this time in a charity shop, and I am absolutely in love with it. I hope to show it to you very soon.



Hairbow, vintage
Pearls, vintage
Sweater, vintage
Dress, Influence


Another bit of news - I have been accepted by an acting agency! I'm not sure how good it is in temrs of credits, but their website looks very professional. I hope I will get some work because I need money to buy things, haha. Whilst we are on the subject of acting, I went to see another West End show! This time it was a reward trip from the school; we saw Gareth Gates as Joseph which was truly amusing. Not in a bad way necessarily, but the way he breathes when he sings is so peculiar, and the giggles at the back were at their peak when he came on stage topless! My favourite part was the sets; they did such an amazing job with what I think must have been no less than 10 different sets all switching around.

8 comments:

  1. hehe, don't worry, i have tags and things that i've not done...
    I always find that when i think exams have gone badly i do well...it's a bit like sod's law, really.
    I LOVE your Cath Kidson cardi, i'm quite fond of her things.
    Hope you had a lovely easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got accepted?! Thats really cool
    !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read some fab reviews of Gareth in Joseph.Apparently getting standing ovations at the end of the show.Some one who had saw Lee Mead several times, commented after seeing Gareth Gates in the part,that Gareth had brought humour and warmth to the show.Said his voice was amazing.His voice is classical trained so Opera singers do breathe differently when singing as opposed to popstars.Nothing to do with his stammer coz that's never been a prob whilst singing.
    Good luck on being accepted.All best wishes regarding your future acting career .
    ps
    I'm off to see Joseph in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you anonymous, yes he did do a good job :) I hardly knew anything about him until I saw the show, didn't even know he had a stammer. You will really enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love your blog! Your pictures are beautiful :D

    And ahhh, your hair! It's GORGEOUS. So long & such a nice colour :) I'm sososo jealous! haha :)

    Well done on getting accepted! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're argyle sweater is so lovely! and as ever, it's great to see you posted again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog!

    Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!