Sunday, 23 August 2009

Bathing in Beauty



As you can tell by the title, or perhaps not, I have just been swept away on a surprise holiday to Bath for 6 days! I have very little time to write this post, as I am leaving again tomorrow, this time to Spain! Again, I will let the photos do the talking, and will add just a couple of observations:

♥ Bath is stunning. No elaboration needed.
♥ Listening to seagulls and walking around the pretty town centre whilst drinking a cold kiwi smoothie is an experience which must be repeated very soon.
♥ I have never, ever seen so many good looking boys in one place. I don't usually pay that much attention to boys, but there were so many I couldn't help but notice! Best guy-spotting destination? Waitrose.
♥ I found out that I really like holding tarantulas. The opportunity sprung up in Longleat Pet Corner and it was just the loveliest feeling, the spider was so light that it felt like a gentle flock of dandelion fluff resting on my hand.
♥ The Roman Baths after which the town is named must be visited after dusk to fully grasp their true haunting beauty.
♥ Lacock village is now on my list of dream home destinations. The most cosy, perfect-looking place ever; I bet if I came back in Winter everywhere I would look I would just see picture postcards.
♥ Feeling like I was in Hogwarts when visiting the cloisters of Lacock Abbey, and imagining the faint outlines of the message about the chamber of secrets blood red still visible against those ancient walls.



As I know a lot of you will ask, the shopping in Bath was actually very good; even though the shops are scattered around the centre and are not positioned in one line as they are in most places, it's a much nicer experience! The only downside was that the shops closed very early, most at around 5:30, so we had to come back a few times to cover everything. I searched on the internet before we left for vintage shops we could visit but, surprisingly, there wasn't much information. Because of this I didn't have high hopes for the vintage but still kept a lookout - and found not one but three lovely shops! There was an absolute treasure trove of a shop called Jack & Danny's, packed to the brim with absolutely hundereds of clothes. Everything was expensive but I did buy a pretty Cacharel skirt from the 20p table outside the shop, which you will see later. On the day we were leaving we were having one last peek around the shops when we found a small market completely by accident, which had really nice, reasonably priced vintage stalls! My mum bought a beautiful floor-length floral dress for £10 (alas, only for her size 0 frame) and I got a pretty blouse for a fiver, which will be perfect for back-to-school.


While I was in Bath I also played Sartorialist and took some street snaps of the most exquisitely dressed couple! We were just going past Waitrose when my mum spotted this lady and her husband walking on the street, and when I looked over my shoulder I just knew I wouldn't forgive myself if I walked away without taking a photo. I darted across the street before they could escape and asked if they wouldn't mind me taking a photo for my blog; fortunately they didn't mind at all and now my only regret is that I took just two photos! What made me completely fall in love was the fact that every little detail was cared for in her outfit, so many pretty accessories and it just all worked together so well! I have so much admiration for people who dare to do these things amidst crowds of people withdrawn into their shells, refusing to let their true selves run free for fear of judgement. I ran off after my family and completely forgot to give them my blog address and kept thinking what a shame they will never get to see those photos, but fortunately the most awesome thing happened! On the last day we were shopping, I popped into a vintage shop called Vintage to Vogue for a quick browse, and in comes the very same lady looking just as perfect as she did that day, so of course I explained who I was and gave her my blog address, if you are reading this sorry it took so long to post the photos and please keep on dressing so beautifully!


This post is slightly late as I couldn't upload the photos in Spain for some reason and thought it would be unfair on you to do a holiday post with no photos! I just got back home and now sifting through all the photos we took, so much to do and so little time!

P.S. I got this pretty ring in the Miss Selfridge sale for only £2, and must say from that day I don't mind giant pearlescent flowers growing on my fingers. On one condition, though. I cannot be bothered to water them.


~
C&A Blazer, Freecycled
Shirt, Freecycled
Skirt, vintage
Oversized Hairbow, New Look
Pearls, vintage
Bracelet, gift

50 comments:

  1. That couple is adorable, I love your nails, and your photos have made me endlessly jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the couple is adorable! i love the wife's style! i was wondering if you got to take a photo of her the second time but i guess not? nice ring! i have a similar one but in black, got it in street smart.
    have fun on your next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! Adorable photos! I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD
    you look so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lovelovelove everything
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your blog. You are very pretty, and the outfits you wear are amazing!

    Olivia - www.prettypolaroid.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything in this post is so gorgeous! The photos are so lovely, and I just love your veil and fascinator! Did you make it yourself? You ring is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bath! And I must say, your pictures are absolutely stunning. And that massive cocktail ring is sooo pretty, too; I'm SO into cocktail rings at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I love your pictures and I am incredibly jealous that you were able to go to these amazing places!!! Especially the Hogwarts castle :D. And I am definitely loving the street style picture. I love her style!!!! So impeccable.
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is honestly the cutest look ever! I love the hair bow and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos! i love the ones of the couple- so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable photos.
    you looks so great.
    xx cody

    codyjune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i cant get over how CUTE your style is. it brings a smile to my face!
    thanks so much for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog because your blog is stunning! I'm adding you to my blog roll right away!
    x
    Saorise

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos are great! and you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pictures
    Love the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read a comment you left on a previous post of mine . . .
    and thanks love. Your hair is stunning as well!!!

    I'm from L.A, but my papa is from Ethiopia and my mom is German, Russian and Greek.
    (I sure hope that was what you were wondering about!)
    x
    Saorise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, you look beautiful! I love your style.
    To reply to your comment, no I'm not russian, I'm sorry! I'm Canadian with German and a little bit of french :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the photos, it's so amazin
    and ur nails are so cuteee

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah the lighting in the photos are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow stunning pictures. your outfit fits perfect into the surrounding!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photos are beautiful, and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey hun, thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog :)

    wow, these photos are BEAUTIFUL. and I adore your style! gorgeous!

    Do you want to trade links?

    ♥ Hannah

    ((london--rose.blogspot.com))

    xx

    PS: what camera do you take your photos with?

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful photos. i cant get over your lovely long hair. and wow at that couples outfits. the lady looks exceptional! love the bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing pictures! And what a lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blog is so great! I love it!!
    You've got a so beautifull skirt I'm gonna add you on my link list

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, thank you so much for your post :) Your blog is really cool and the pics are amazing!! I love your flower ring very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i've heard bath is beautiful and it looks it from your pics. and you look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty nails. Your photos are stunning. I'd be the same if I was walking down those cloisters...I'd totally want a Hogwarts Cloak to swish!

    The lady you photographed dresses so well, love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your hair! And thumbs up for all the beautiful pictures!

    http://missheadoverheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bath sounds wonderful! Really enjoyed reading this post, and the pictures are equally lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. awww thanks for the totally sweet comment! :D
    It really put a huge simle on my face!
    Oh man I am so glad you commented!
    I love your blog like crazy and am most definately going to follow you from now on!
    Beautiful dreamy photos are my weakness :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi,

    Just ccame across you blog and really enjoyed.

    Please come and visit mine too, is a fashion inspired by Portobello Road, London.

    Hope you like it and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love these photos ! so great . and the bow on your head is definetely cute . haha . great nails too . i want my nails like that ! xD

    ReplyDelete
  34. love your hair in these photos! that first photo is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful photos they look so professional. Bath looks lovely. I love your outfit so much, everything goes perfectly well together. I really like the big bow. Also, I gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your blog is just lovely! Bath looks so stunning and that couple is just so exquisite! Lovely photos!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the style of your photos! Great blog.

    Christina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, Bath looks amazing. *Note to Self: go to the Waitrose there*

    I love your outfit as well. The headpiece s very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I adore your photos....the faded quality to them is perfection. I fell like I've gone back in time (esp with the gorgeous couple). How beatiful is that couple. Perfection.

    Love the tips on Bath and the random comment on tarantulas...lol :)

    Have a great weekend
    xx
    Anika

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow!
    So beautiful couple and you!
    Fantastic place! like a trip in time!
    You look stunning...I am in love for the shoot!

    sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Bath sounds amazing! I LOVE your vintage headpiece!!
    And way to have the courage to ask them for their photo- I always see people who I want to photograph, but I usually wimp out...

    ReplyDelete
  42. All what is in this post beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Was just twitter browsing when I stumbled across your blog - had to leave a comment to say what fabulous photos! Your outfit is to die for. I'm looking for a skirt exactly like that. Hopefully one of these days I'll come across it! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love all these pictures they are beautiful!
    I've only been to bath once but i loved it thought it was really awesome!
    I love your outfit too, very ladylike!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This looks SO amazing. You look gorgeous, and that couple is simply amazing. I would love to run into them!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the hairbow. The couple is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  47. That ring is absolutely lovely. You take wonderful pictures!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!