Sunday, 18 April 2010

Forward to Time Past

The Easter eggs have all cracked and the hares been and gone, and finally I am back to my little corner of the tinternet to tell you about my holiday adventures! *puts on super-patronising voice* Iiiits story time children....

During the holidays my family and I went for a little (far too little for my liking, as I later discovered) getaway near the city of Bath, because we loved it there so much last time we visited (remember this wee little post?). We stayed in a manor house-turned-hotel in the middle of the Wiltshire countryside, with sunsets from my parents' balcony so stunning they left me speechless, a courtyard lit by fairytale lanterns and an outdoor heated swimming pool which was pure bliss at night. All you had to do was lie on your back, and there it was, the sky! Glimmering at you with myriads of minute eyes, each brighter than the last, the sort of beauty no photograph could ever capture but must be felt on the tip of the eyelids and every cell on your skin; detected, compressed, memorized, and stored away safely so it can be with you in an instant should you summon it on a cold winter's night. I could almost touch it....
Almost.







~
Photos are of my sister in a vintage Nicole Farhi jumper found in a freecycled bag of fabric offcuts, and an Accessorize mask.

~
Sailor Coat, Topshop Striped jumper, Ralph Lauren




8 comments:

  1. oh my oh my oh my, i can't really explain in words how utterly beautiful that photograph of the landscape is; i could stare at it for hours. pure magic.

    sounds like you had a wonderful time, and i am so happy to hear that! i wish i could go on adventures like that <3

    angelica
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kitty pictures are amazing !
    Love it.
    I love your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos, just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are beautiful!! I want a mask like this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore this post! Breath taking pictures and fabulous writing!
    Have become a follower :)
    If you have a moment, please check out my blog:
    http://www.unionolivia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl, i love your blog! you have amazing photographs and style♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sailor coat.

    I follow you, definitly !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!