Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Once a haven, always a haven







If you've had enough of staring at my frizzy hair (please someone recommend something other than straighteners before I cry) and bruised figure skater knees, I understand and won't take it offensively. I will just pretend as though nothing out-of-the-ordinary has occurred and move on to a jollier topic... It is no secret that I have been won over Bicester Village many a time before, and my last visit during the half-term was no exception. As a rule of thumb, we do not tend to spend an awful lot when we go, but rather seek out little bargains that add just that extra touch of chic to an outfit. That is not to say that we never buy expensive clothes at all; sometimes you just see an item where quality and price have kissed and made up and you instantly want to hug it to your chest and never let it go. We usually stick to our firm favourites, but I make an extra effort every time to go somewhere different and unexpected (what made me wait in the QUEUE to the new Ugg shop on Boxing Day, I will never know). I must have been in a bit of a kindergarten mood as I cooed over the sweetest sweeties in Ralph Lauren Kids, and suddenly had the random urge to sneak in to Petit Bateau as well! There's something about childrenswear shops that's really welcoming and "happy", and I always find it a relief to go in there sometimes after particularly daunting experiences at other shops where I cry over unaffordable beauties (£100 for a stunning sample dress at Luella is apparently still too much :(( ) and make myself miserable. It happened that I stumbled across some darling things in there which I will not fail to show you in an upcoming post!

While we were there, I also got this Monsoon cardigan, reduced from £55 to a much more pocket friendly £16, and I absolutely fell in love with the shape, having always been partial to cardigans (I collect them like a crazy cardigan lady, srsly). The light camel colour worked so well with my outfit that I put it on immediately, tag safely hidden by the infamous frizzy hair (SIIIIIGH.) . Unless you are a teenage mutant ninja turtle from a galaxy several light years away on a spontaneous visit to this here blog, you will have seen the Miu Miu collection my dress was inspired by. Having seen it on several blogs, my hopes weren't very high when I ventured into my local Zara to look for it, but there it was... "Comeowme gemeowt meow" were the words I thought I heard uttered by the feline settlement staring at me, and somehow I found myself taking it home. I honestly debated with myself at great lengths whether to return it or not, because of the recent hostility that has been expressed towards outright copies of designer items on the high street. This deserves its own little wee post, so I shall save this rant and end on a happy note:

EXAMS and this week I'm starting my A2 year and it is not going to be fun but zomg, italy in less than uno montho, university open days ARE and something so important that can change my life that i'm reallyreally scared about and come close to peeing my pants every time i think about it will happen soon OVER! Squeee :D

~
Cardigan, Monsoon at Bicester Village

Dress, Zara

Brogues, T.K.Maxx

Ankle socks, T.K.Maxx

39 comments:

  1. The dress looks great on you!!!! :D Woohooo for exams being over
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you wear this Zara hit !

    Perfection !
    You've got amazing eyes !

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Luella shop still at Bicester??? I may have to take visit during Summer if it is (:
    I love your shoes an insane amount!

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Zara dress, great outfit!
    Also, I'm jealous of how good you look with a hat, I just look like an idiot haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh i sooo wanted to get that dress...picked it up in the shop and put it back down again. What was I thinking?! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this blog of yours, it is a rare gem. i am so very glad i have discovered its beauty. you are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooh so cute ! I love your cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bought this dress too and had similar concerns which i felt the need to blog about. needs must though, love the miu miu too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute little kitten. so lovely and gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow i love this outfit
    im a new follower
    as soon as i saw those socks with the brogus follow follow follow
    plus i love your hair all big and lovely as it!
    big hair for the win
    belle xxxxxx
    ellabellevintage.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your blog and this outfit are so cute :D I love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the LOOK specially the dress

    tc

    Take a look at my blog hope you follow it

    www.frontrowmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. really nice blog ! like your dress ( so much )
    and panama !
    see u

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute! I still love that dress<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh priceless pics! Love the romper, and the location amazing. Where do you live, if you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your exams!
    Your outfit is adorable...I especially love the cardigan and the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look absolutely gorgeous. I'm in love with that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray for exams being over! My college have cancelled post exam lessons for my subjects as the art deparment is taken over by the exhibition but I'm desperate to start!

    I thought I recognised that street! I do love Bicester, it's a lovely environment and the bargains are fantastic. Did you go to Luella?
    I adore your cat print too.

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love everything, from the hat to the dress especially. and for your hair (i promise i'm not going to say a straightener!), you could try a deep conditioner perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  21. tkmaxx is the place isn't it! i find so many treats in there

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have the same cat dress, which I am in love with!

    http://eleanor-fashion-nerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that Zara dress...cute cardigan...great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great pics! hihi, i have the dress too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't brush your hair!! That's what I always do. I brush it on the nights so it's brushed and frizzy and then when I wake up it's only a little bit tangled.

    http://aftertomorrows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look lovely here. I completely agree: I'm a cardigan FIEND. I have them in most colours and I love second-hand oversized grandad ones. Yours is perfect!

    wolfwhistle.org

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous outfit - I love your hat and what a bargain on the cardi?!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful!
    You have such a lovely blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful outfit, i wish i could get away with hats like that, you really suit it
    Rianna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really enjoy your blog, how sweet :))
    I think you will like mine too, I'd be glad if you checked it out :))

    Can't wait to hear from you hon!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. that outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your dress. Its so stylish and beautiful and you look amazing. I adore your shoes and I think they are perfect. Your hair is so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh my gosh wow. so gorgeous! love that miu miu-esque dress, your cute hat and socks with shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  35. love the dress and the boater hat! you pull it off so well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!