Thursday, 5 August 2010

Lemonade, Unicorns and Salzburg




Ever been faced with the luminous prospect of an entire summer ahead of you, and not knowing what to occupy yourself with first? This year, I have found salvation in what my friend called a "journey of discovery" - a road trip around Europe with my family. The idea sprung like dandelions on a freshly cut lawn, when it was agreed I would go on a week-long tour with my local music service playing concerts around Lake Garda, Italy, and my parents would stealthily follow suit (well, as stealthily as an elephantine Toyota people-carrier can manage...). After the tour concluded, we lingered a while before heading to Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic...

These photos were taken by my sister and I in Salzburg, where we were painfully pressed for time. My mum was very keen to visit, as it is oft referred to as the home of music, having given birth to insignificant local celebrities, such as a little white-haired boy called something like Mozart, and Strauss. In true perplexed tourist fashion (a.k.a. not knowing where to look first), we stumbled across a fairytale palace, complete with a park with a fountain that rolled its eyes/stuck its tongue out at you, real wildcats glaring at us from the thickets, a mechanical theatre and a park complete with unicorn statues. In short, it was the perfect location to capture a vintage Daks blazer gifted by the delightful Emete at Make Lemonade Vintage, who offered to send it over and what could I do but happily oblige! It is one of those pieces that, once effortlessly thrown on, really makes an outfit - the fabric has a splendidly scholarly air with the subtle plaid, and the french blue goes with near enough everything in my wardrobe. If you haven't heard of Make Lemonade yet, I urge you to pay a visit as the pieces are brilliant and the prices even more so! It may well well crop up on this blog again so make sure you stay tuned.

MORE PHOTOS COMING SOON, SORRY TO KEEP EDITING THIS POST BUT I COULDN'T WAIT TO FINALLY BLOG AGAIN!

~
Double-breasted blazer, Vintage courtesy of Make Lemonade
White Rabbit Tee, Topshop
Skirt, car boot sale
Two tone tights, gift from Karl Lagerfeld
Boots, Clarks
Headband, Antique lace
Bag, freecycled vintage
Scarf, vintage

19 comments:

  1. Like everything your wearing :) great boots too!
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, I love the jacket and bag. I have those tights x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tights. Looking forward to the words.
    UO x
    http://unionolivia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the picture of loveliness, my dear--

    i cannot wait to hear your words.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, i'm convinced that buying those tights is a good idea now.

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see our vintage looking so good!

    looking forward to reading about your trips and this outfit :)

    Make Lemonade Vintage xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know the radio 4 show chain reaction? well, it was for that. i've never honestly listened to it before, but my dad said it was good, and it really, really was!
    Yep, Cohen's my surname. I wouldn't say I was jewish in terms of religion, but I have jewish ancestry (: (and i don't really get called Rebecca any more, just Cohen!)

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love unicorns, and love these photos gorgeous! those tights are wow, so make the outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo! haha, I do have one more Abercrombie thing, its a boys Large Brown sweater with white-ish stripes, haha. VERY soft, not in my store since I might wear it in the fall/winter (probs not) but if you were interested I could take a pic for you ;)
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the unicorn! I have those tights too :)

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! I love the blazer & tights.

    Rebecca

    www.rebeccas-vintage-romance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the whole outfit, especially, the tights!



    jessy-missj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your comment on my blog ! Yours is very beautiful !!
    Continue in this way !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit. Love those tights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bag really is my favourite piece here, its incredible!

    Claire
    xo

    www.beewaits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great outfit, and location! I think the tights pull the ensemble together, and add a nice quirky touch. I was just about to comment "they remind me of Chanel", when I saw the attribution! Nice blazer too.

    Your trip sounds great, especially stumbling across that fairytale like palace! I'm part Czech, but have never been to the Czech republic - I would love to go someday.

    Thanks for your sweet comment. The shoot (if its the one I think you're referring to!) was for an Italian magazine. I'd be interested to know who your friend with Select is?

    http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/2010/08/alice-through-ages.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tights, they are sooo cool!
    Rianna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. great blog... look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!