Friday, 17 September 2010

The answer is blowing in the wind











These photos were taken in a stunning town by the name of Bayreuth, where we ventured at some point in our one-and-a-half month long road trip around Europe this summer (as mentioned in this post). Immediately after we arrived, it struck me how quiet everything was; that, along with a plethora of bikes and endearing architecture, caused me to excitedly observe that it was much like a German Cambridge! We visited a palace decorated partly in Italian style, with scrumptious pastel rooms in all the shades of the sherbet rainbow, and what turned out to be an astounding paradise of a park - I mean, it was so Mary Poppins. The lighting was a tad bland, y'know, just the usual golden fairy stuff that makes for pathetically beautiful photos. I can't believe I used that horrible, cliche word, but now it's done I might as well use it again: it. was. beautiful.
Take me back there any day... although I would be really upset if I learn that horse swing that was obviously intended for a child less obese than me has broken. It would be partly my fault.

On an un-related note, the top I am wearing in the photos was bought in the superbly inexpensive Zara-like shop Reserved for about £4, and it seriously goes with absolutely everything. I once read an Alexa Chung "Style Tips" feature in a magazine where she said if you love something, you should buy lots of it. So, so regretting I didn't listen to that voice of wisdom right now. Have you ever owned an item of clothing that you just wore to death because it was so versatile? The idea of investing in things that last has really grown on me in the past few months and I am in need of ideas; those scrumptious grey Alexander Wang jumpers look like a good place to start!

Oh, and, this was the view as we drove back to Czech Republic. Or maybe just the set of "Where The Wild Things Are".

~
Striped Top, Reserved
Shorts, Thrifted
Plimsoles, vintage
Scarf, vintage
Bag, thrifted

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, as always! Your bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shoot! love your pics and the light on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix and match of patterns here! And the pictures are lovely.

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made me rather jealous of that cat bag!! I think i had a purse similar, i am going to see if i can dig it out now!
    Beautiful photos! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice place.. I want to go there and just lay down all day long..

    Love,
    The Picnic Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous photos! the lighting is amazing.
    ps i really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos!! the bag is so cute!! and love the last photo of you looking like a cutie cat, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great location! This Europe trip sounds amazing - lots of experiences to remember it seems!
    Love the sound of the palace with pastel rooms.

    As far as bulk buying - I would get two of most of my things,as I get anoyed if things get holes or break. However,that's pretty impossible if shopping in vintage or charity shops! However, they had lots of identical pairs of Urban Outfitters tights on sale in a charity shop in London (£2 each!) and I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy more pairs - I always ladder tights.

    Thanks for your comment. And what a small world! I met Katie Whitley over the summer on a shoot - I hope her trip to New York went well. I'm sure she'll go far.. And I'm interested in acting too! Do you have any particular favourite genres?

    http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a magical background!!! i adore that last pic with the cat face!
    following you!
    follow me too if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow such gorgeous photos & love that bag

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous photos! and cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the matching of two different patterns, the cropped top is great!

    Puck
    http://oneofpoints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful. i love the stripy top, it's in now isn't it, everyone's going crazy with stripes. You look soo alexa chung! God bless that woman, she's a walking goddess. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful shots. .love how you paired both patterns

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look like you're having so much fun!

    http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/10/happy-birthday-john-we-miss-you.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!