Tuesday, 26 October 2010

A Vero nice afternoon


Vero Moda collection preview last Friday. What can I say, apart from youlovecheesytitles and: spectacular and more. This is the one occasion when my photos really don't speak for themselves - you'll have to get yourself to their grand London flagship store opening on the 4th of November and maul everything yourself because the detail and the quality is above and beyond. 'Fur realz'. Vero has always been a brand I have craved but never had the opportunity to buy, enviously flicking the pages of mother's La Redoute catalogue and bending the corners pretending I could afford the supa-high international delivery charge. I therefore felt marvellously honoured to be invited to get a feel for the Very line, Vero Moda's edgier child with numerous very fashion-forward yet surprisingly comfortable, 'sling on and go' pieces. Vast amounts of leather and black, with a few leggy jumpsuits, cosy knits in grey and cream and torn jeans thrown in for good measure (although I sadly left the latter well alone as right now anything trouser-like makes my legs mildly resemble those of a newborn elephant. Pass the weight watchers menu). Almost all of the pieces seemed very versatile and I am sure would transfer with ease across many a season. My particular love went to a certain leather jacket and a double breasted black jumpsuit the ladies convinced me to go for and I gladly succumbed to the pressure!


I also got to see a sneak peek of the spring collection which is yet to arrive in stores, which made me fall even further in love... Think Zara with a touch of Topshop but a quality that seems to far exceed the two; lots of trends transferred directly from the catwalk, i.e. these Burberry-esque lovelies:


...as well as this beautiful cape (shown here with the even more beautiful ladies), which I wanted to grab there and then before being told it was only a sample - cape embarrassment stories.co.uk. I'm returning for that one come Christmas, purse in hand (if my awfully inappropriate cape conduct was forgiven)!



I'm certain that the long-overdue arrival of Vero Moda's first London store next Thursday will be a refreshing addition to the high street. Of course, it only gets better - the first 100 early bird arrivals on the day (10am opening, but be there sooner) will get a special gold tote bag that entitles them to receive an entire outfit for absolutely free! Sounds like a dream? Head down to Vero Moda's Facebook page and follow them on Twitter for more opportunities on getting your hands on a gold bag...you have no excuse! I will be down there myself to document the excitement, as well as trying to steal this leather skirt without anyone noticing...

23 comments:

  1. I love that nude shearling jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love Vero Moda I always love their stuff when I'm on Asos.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou honey ;) I'm looking forward to see myself in your blogroll haha. Love your blog!

    thestylesandwich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pieces... especially the zip up knitted sweater and the beige leather jacket.

    Great leather skirt, perfect for party season!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the military jacket! So cool! ... Hey what effect do you use for editing? the pictures are lovely! I'd love to know. ;)

    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the shearling jacket but then again everything is lovely!!! thanks for sharing =)






    http://sweetlittleconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. the jacket are so cooooollll! I want it! :)

    hihih
    Paule

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your picture quality it brings a real ethereal edge that you do so well.

    btw my blog is Adorngirl, and thanks for popping bye its a real honour xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, dear! :-D
    thank u for visiting my blog and for the compliments. I'm very very glad u like my pix! :-D
    Yess it's so funny to take pictures of details and people outside fashion show. You have to try if you got the chance! :-D

    PS I like you're style, you're so pretty...
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection! I didn't know they were opening a store, how exciting!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, www.blahblahbecky.co.uk, and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Det var typ inget i min stil där, trist :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this blog! very cute!
    http://idiodora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for lovely comments, love your blog and following you,please follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i went through your blog and really love it! so great pictures.
    goint to follow as well :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. what great pieces. love that chunky knit with the zipper.

    www.rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great collection. Like it.

    And thank you for your lovely comments.

    Alice.

    NOALICENO.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. So great they gave you this chance! The items look amazing, I can't wait to see them in reality!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a perfect afternoon. thanks for sharing about the label. i'd never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. page rank service net seo backlinks backlink services

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pieces... especially the zip up knitted sweater and the beige leather jacket.

    Great leather skirt, perfect for party season!

    : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!