Friday, 27 January 2012

A Study in Velvet



 
I'm sure everyone has experienced that feeling of dread when entering yet another lesson in a subject you absolutely do not need in your life. For me, this was always Maths; I struggled as my brain attempted to process countless numbers, graphs and algebraic equations thrown at it mercilessly. My thoughts meandering in roundabout swirls, I drew revision spider diagrams that looked more like Joseph's Technicolour Dreamcoat than trigonometry formulas. Needless to say, when I got the impossible 'A' at GCSE I was thrilled to bits.

Since then, I have thrown all arithmetic out of my head; I'd rather daydream all day in my room than endure another lecture about the Fibonacci sequence. The equation of "high fashion = heels", therefore, has always been a mystery I've left for others to solve. As a fashion outsider, I marveled at how true the phrase "towering heels" was at LFW - it looked like people were tottering on miniature upside-down Eiffels on the cobbles of Somerset House...

Countless articles warn women about dangers of wearing heels, but who'd pass by an opportunity to look a little taller, slimmer and more confident? Well, yours truly. I loove high heels but regret wearing them after several hours, and have always longed for a practical solution encompassing both comfort and height... Fortunately, such a solution winged its way to me upon contacting famous shoe-pping website Sarenza on Twitter. The suggested Jeffrey Campbell Beebee ticked all the shoeboxes for me: "flatform" style, 5.5cm high, a gorgeous velvet Maryjane that would instantly transport any outfit into something stunning. The only thing stopping me from clicking the temptingly pink "Add to Basket" was the choice: leopard print or black? I couldn't wait to compile some outfits to go with them, even if just through illustrations before I "shoose"! Which pair is your favourite?

~
This is my entry for the wonderful competition run by Sarenza to become a Sarenza Brand Ambassador. If you're requiring some shoespiration, be sure to visit their website right.this.second. I have never seen so many shoes in my life, and rightly so: there are over 20 thousand pairs on the website with more being added every day. My wishlist could take up a whole post in itself, but for my entry I had to shoose (see what I did there?) just one pair - the beloved Beebees I hope to soon see buzzing around my feet.




2 comments:

  1. i love this, dina! cute illustration and such a warm, witty piece. top marks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fastidious answer back in return of this question with firm
    arguments and describing all about that.

    my site: Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!