Monday, 27 February 2012

Rumble in le Jumble


 
















What happens when you mix a picturesque old church, several thrifty presenters and actors, their old clothes, an assortment of cakes and a good cause? Well, last night it turned out that this "recipe" served up a rather prizeworthy dish named "Rumble in the Jumble". To raise funds for their International Women's Day campaign, Oxfam GB have teamed up with bonny lasses Dawn Porter, Gemma Cairney, Kate Nash and Jessie Cave among others, to host a rummage sale where they sold their old jumble for charity. The effervescent Gemma bought so much of her infectious energy to the whole shebang - running between her stall, having a chat with everyone and announcing lottery winners - that I felt like giving her a massive hug. Sadly, the chaos inside did not provide a very good space for cuddles... in fact, there was barely room to move an inch! This was, perhaps, the only aspect which could have been better planned (perhaps with a larger venue), as I really felt sorry for the queue the size of a baby python when I got outside. Overall though, it was wonderfully executed and it was lovely to talk all things LFW with dalmatian lady Kate Nash and Gemma, as well as meeting Bebe and Jessie at their Pindippy stall. What did I scuttle away with? You will have to wait and see to find out...

18 comments:

  1. When I heard about Rumble in the Jumble I desperately wished I lived in London as it sounded like so much fun! Looks like a good time was had despite being a little tight on space :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a shame we didn't get to meet up but it was so crazy in there!

    Can't wait to see what you bought :)

    [ Becky at life/style/flash. blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a festival of intricate madness, basically meaning so much fun! hope you had a good day sweetie- lovely photography once again (stop being so fab, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived in London! That sounds like an fun event, even with the giant crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like the PERFECT event! Oh man, this looks so fun, and filled with great people! And Jessie Cave looks ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O wow it looks amazing! Can't wait to see what you brought home with you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your blog, and I love your LFW photos (I've been scrolling down the page, haha). They have such a beautiful texture, and so much personality - definitely refreshing in a time when most street style photos feel so streamlined and impersonally crisp. You have such a lovely blog - I've added it to my reader!

    Also, is that Chris O'Dowd? I know you said there were actors cohosting the event, but I didn't see his name on the list so I wasn't sure!

    ~kaki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeeed! He was so darn handsome too! Thank you for the kind words Catherine, your blog is exceptionally good xx

      Delete
  8. The atmosphere in these photos = incredible! Thanks for sharing

    Besos,
    Lela
    (I'd love if you checked out my fashion blog/shoe blog/etc!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I wish I was there...:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds and looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing event and all for a good cause! I cannot think of anything better as charity shops and rummaging through jumble sales are two of my greatest passions. Did you manage to bag any great clothes? The cake looks divine too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you
    create this website yourself or did you hire someone to
    do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks

    my web-site :: Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the
    following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very
    often inside case you shield this increase.

    Also visit my web page ... Abercrombie Pas Cher ()

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there, I believe your blog could be having internet browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening
    in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues.
    I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Besides that, wonderful site!

    My web blog - Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation;
    we have created some nice practices and we are looking to
    trade strategies with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.


    Have a look at my weblog Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there to every one, it's truly a nice for me to go to see this site, it consists of important Information.

    Here is my web site - NFL Jerseys Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!