Friday, 20 April 2012

Red Duffle Coat

 








The reason I look slightly pregnant is because it was raining, and I wasn't going to let my beautiful vintage film camera suffer the consequences of my craziness. Luckily, my new duffle coat provided perfect refuge for both Zennie (read: Zenit, I just love her too much) and me. My Mama struck gold when she spotted this vintage Gloverall in a local charity shop. Fun fact: my GCSE Textiles teacher visited the Gloverall factory and showed us photos of all the machinery - that's how I first heard about the legendary duffle coat makers. Thousands of copies have been made by various high street/designer brands but it's not quite the same as the original. I was one ecstatic child when I collected this red felty bundle of joy - always been torn between navy/red but I knew it had to have a hood, cream toggles and pockets. This one even has secret pockets on the inside. No pockets are large enough to contain my love for this coat, though! I am truly ecstatic Gloverall still make them to this day.

~
Duffle coat, vintage Gloverall, thrifted
Floral tights, Clothing at Tesco

11 comments:

  1. SUPER DUPER CUTE!! love it :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post dina looking beaut as usual

    check me / and follow me @
    larosedesvent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos! So lush. Little Red Riding Hood!

    I have this thing that I don't like red- I love toggle coats and I've never had a real one - this looks so soft and perfect and normally I'd go for the navy, but seeing these photos.. and I have similar colouring to you - I'd want this in red, too. The one exception to red I had(have) is a pair of shiny classic red patent court shoes that I bought in a thrift shop in NY - Lower East Side, I think - right after college. I started shooting them - they became my Muses, I started writing a story about them.

    Speaking of stories.. I just remembered that my email to you bounced back! Will text you my address.

    Beautiful post - all these photos are just lovely, and you do have a way with words. Have a lovely weekend Dina! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pictures! i love that red coat! want to follower each other? if so, go here and we will follow back!

    http://www.sweetindigoroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pretty, Dina! And all of your pictures are always in beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your duffle coat is absolutely gorgeous, I have a navy blue fur duffle coat that I practically live in. Duffles are so timeless and classic. Your blog is great by the way.
    Christobel x
    http://calico-casa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Like a modern day Little Red Riding Hood - Super sweet pics.
    (popping over from Hivenn)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Outfit is so cute, I like to see you wearing your Wellingtons.
    Kisses
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Outfit is so cute, I like to see you wearing your Wellingtons.
    Kisses
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! The shape and the length of the duffle coat is absolutely perfect to wear usually what's for we suffer and the red color is the plus point of it because anything of red looks more gorgeous. Thanks for the detail of the outfit.
    duffle coats

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ella Vickers Sailcloth Collection (EVSC) is Sailing Duffels a selection of Recycled Sail Bags, Sailcloth totes, Sailing, Tote bags, Seabags, Duffel, Beach totes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read, I assure you - and responded to, when I have a moment to spare!